BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd (BSH) is committed to protecting your personal information. BSH must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and handles the personal information that it collects in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act. BSH is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth). are posted on this website.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information is true or not and whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
How does BSH collect your personal information?
BSH collects the personal information from you when you:
- purchase our products or services or receive a refund;
- complete a warranty registration or make a warranty claim;
- respond to one of our surveys, promotions or competitions;
- otherwise contact us, either online through our website, by email, mail, phone or in person;
- access and use any of our website services;
- attend one of our brand experience centres; or apply for a job with us.
Sometimes we may also need to collect your personal information from third parties such as when:
- you return a warranty registration to a third party you bought a BSH product or service from;
- given the nature of the job you have applied for, we require you to take a medical assessment, police check and/or drivers licence check.
What personal information does BSH collect?
The personal information which BSH may collect about you includes:
- your name and contact or delivery details including address, email address and phone number;
- your credit card and/or banking details;
- details of the product or service you have purchased, including warranty details;
- information which you provide to us in response to one of our surveys, promotions or competitions;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests, claims, or after-sales service issues or queries;
- details of your attendance at one of our brand experience centres;
- information provided by you and third parties as part of your job application (depending on the role for which you have applied this may include sensitive information and/or government related identifiers);
- and if you apply for a job with BSH, depending on the type of job you apply for, we may also collect additional information such as your criminal record through police checks, and heath information for a functional capacity evaluation.
Can you deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym?
Where practical and lawful, you can deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym if you wish. However in many instances, if we cannot identify you or if you do not provide us with the personal information we request, then we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, respond to your enquiries or complaints, or assess job applications.
When you visit our websites our web server automatically records the following information:
- the name of your internet service provider,
- the website from which you visit us,
- the websites you actually visit,
- and the date and length of your visit.
Use of Personal Information
BSH will use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out our business including:
- delivering a product or service that you have purchased from us;
- customer administration, including for registering and managing warranties, responding to complaints, claims, enquiries and requests, and performing after-sales services;
- product and service development;
- surveys, promotions and direct marketing;
- assessing your job application;
- technical administration of the BSH websites;
- and complying with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, some of which may be located overseas, including:
- to our related companies within the BSH Group (principally located in Singapore, India, China and European Economic Area countries);
- to third parties such as our agents, contractors, product distributors and service providers that we engage to provide services to us or on our behalf (principally located in Singapore, India and European Economic Area countries);
- or where disclosure is otherwise authorised or required by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order.
Direct marketing and opting-out
Depending on how we collect your personal information, we may communicate with you (e.g. via email, SMS, mail or telephone) about our current and new products and services. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us in the future you may opt-out at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer on 03 8551 1100 or via email to email@example.com.
Quality and Security of Personal Information
BSH takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and when being used or disclosed, relevant for the purpose of the use or disclosure. Please help us to maintain the quality of your personal information by contacting us on the details below if you believe that the personal information which BSH holds about you may be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant.
Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may generally access on request personal information which BSH holds about you, and you may request without charge corrections to personal information which you believe is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. To make a request, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. We may need to ask you a few questions in order to verify your identity before we can respond to your request. If we are unable to provide access to, or correct your personal information, we will inform you in writing of our reasons and how you may take the matter further if you are not satisfied with our decision. You can also ask us to associate with your information a statement if you believe the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading which we will take reasonable steps to do.
More information and complaints
If you have any questions about how BSH handles your personal information, or if you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please put your complaint in writing and send it by mail or email to our Privacy Officer using the details below. We will investigate your complaint and will notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the hotline of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992 to make a query about your privacy rights, or to lodge a complaint about how we have handled your personal information. The OAIC has the power to investigate the matter and make a determination.