Ginger Snap Cookies
These ginger-spiked cookies are ideal with your favourite cup of tea or coffee.They are also a perfect to tuck into your Christmas hampers.
- 345g Refined flour
- 10g Ginger powder
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Baking soda
- 200g Caster sugar
- 125g Butter
- 75g Golden syrup
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 20g Chopped candied ginger
- 1tsp Orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour, ginger powder, baking powder and baking soda together into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
5. Heat the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low flame until the butter is just melted. Add butter mixture into the prepared flour mixture.
6. Add in the beaten egg, candied ginger and orange zest, mix well and bring all the ingredients together to make dough. The dough should neither be too loose, nor too tight to handle.
7. Divide the dough into 20-24 equal sized balls and place these on prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly using your fingers.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes and transfer onto a wire rack to cool. Transfer to an air tight container to store for up to 1 week.