Fudgy Chilli Chocolate Brownies
In this recipe, red chilli flakes are stirred into rich, dark chocolate, giving an adult and most delicious spin to this much loved classic!
- 70g Butter
- 40g Dark chocolate,coarsely chopped
- 5g Chilliflakes
- 100g Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla essence 35g Refined flour
- 40g Chopped walnuts (optional)
- 10g Icing sugar
- 5g Chilli powder
Omit chilli flakes and chilli powder for classic fudgy brownies.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Butter a 6" square baking tin or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine the butter and dark chocolate in a double boiler or small heat proof bowl.
4. Place bowl over the double boiler or a saucepan of simmering water so its bottom nestles into pan but does not touch the surface of the simmering water.
5. Use a silicone spatula to stir butter and chocolate together until both have melted into a homogeneous mixture.
6. Stir in the chilli flakes and mix well. Leave mixture to cool down to room temperature.
7. When cool, stir in the sugar.
8. Add eggs one at a time into the brownie batter. Whisk batter till the mixture is smooth and lump free.
9. Add the vanilla essence and whisk in well.
10. Fold in the flour into the batter.
12. Pour batter into prepared tray and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Adjust the duration for the extent of dryness you prefer in your brownies.
13. When done transfer on a wire rack to cool completely.
14. When cool, combine the icing sugar and chilli powder in a small bowl, mix well and dust over the surface of the brownies using a sieve.
15. Cut into 2" squares and serve warm.