Grilled Chicken Kalimiri
An ideal accompaniment to serve with cocktails at your next party, in this recipe, chicken is marinated in freshly crushed pepper and grilled to succulent spicy perfection.
- 400g chciken breasts, diced into 1" cubes
- 3tbsp Yogurt, hung
- 1tbsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 1tsp Ginger-garlic-green chili paste
- 1 1/2tsp Garlic, fried
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice, extra for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Onion rings for garnish, as required
- 8 Wooden satay sticks
1. Soak the satay sticks in water for 30 minutes.
2. Combine the diced chicken with the hung yugort, freshly crushed pepper, ginge-garlic-green chilli paste, fried garlic, lemon juice and salt and mix well to ensure that the spices ang yugost coat the chicken well.
3. Cover the mixing bowl with cling film and allow it to marinate for half an hour.
4. Set function to Grill, large area and preheat the oven on Grill setting 1 (low).
5. When ready to grill, skewer the cubes of chicken onto satay sticks. Cover ends of satay sticks with small squares of foil to prevent them from burning.
6. Line the skewers on the wire track and slide into level 3 of the oven. slide a universal pan/baking tray on level 1 underneath to collect drippings.
7. Grill on a low grill setting for about 12-15 minutes, turning skewers after 8 minutes.
8. Ensurer the chicken has cooked through by piercing it with a skewer. If the juices run clear and the flesh is frim, the meat is cooked. In case it is not cooked, let it grill for another 2 minutes. The chicken will continue to cook even after the removing from oven to ensure it does not dry out.
9. Serve hot, garnished with lemon juice and onion rings.