Guarantee Terms and Conditions Summary
Your details will be used by Siemens for guarantee administration and also for marketing purposes (if you have agreed upon registration).
Please note: As this guarantee covers you for 5 years, you do not need to register your appliance for the two year extended cover.
Terms and Conditions
1. The offer is valid only between the dates shown in participating stores and on the Siemens internet at http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/ .
2. This offer applies to new appliances only purchased through participating Siemens stockists. It does not apply to appliances purchased second hand or through private sales.
3. All applications for this free 3 year extended warranty must be registered online via www.siemens-home.co.uk or by telephone on 0344 892 8999. The 3 year extended warranty period strictly applies from 2 years after the date of purchase and follows on from our standard 2 year manufacturers guarantee, giving you 5 years cover in total. Your cover document will be sent within 30 days of receipt of your claim. If you have any queries relating to this application, you should notify us on 0344 892 8999.
If your Siemens product breaks down you should
1. Check the fault section of your appliance operating instructions.
2. Check that your appliance is plugged in, properly installed or correctly fused.
3. To arrange a repair contact Siemens Customer Service on 0344 892 8999 to arrange an engineer visit.
4. For repairs to be covered under the extended warranty plan they must be undertaken by our own nationwide service organisation BSH Appliance Care or its authorised agents. You will be required to produce your cover documentation certificate at the time of repair.
Conditions of Cover
1. Fraud. All benefits under this cover are forfeited if a fraudulent declaration or claim is made.
2. Governing law and statutory rights. This agreement is limited to products bought and used in the U.K, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. The provision of this plan does not affect your statutory rights. This agreement is governed by English Law.
3. Rights of third parties. This plan is for the benefit of you, the purchaser named on this application form, and anyone else we have agreed with you. No benefits may be given to anyone else.
4. Events outside our reasonable control. We will not be liable under this cover where we are prevented from performing our obligations to you on account on any such events.
5. Transfer. We are free to transfer our rights and obligations under this cover and to have third parties carry out our obligations.
What is covered
1. Parts and labour costs if your product breaks down up to the original price you paid for the product.
2. Replacement if we consider the product to be not repairable, or beyond economic repair we may pay you the replacement cost of equipment of a similar specification. Alternatively we may, at our discretion replace the product with another of the same or similar specification. The original equipment then becomes our property and may not be disposed of without our consent. The balance of the warranty on the first machine should be transferred to the new product i.e if we exchange a product with a 5 year warranty after 3 years the new product gets 2 years only.
What is not covered
1. Breakdown due to:
a .Accidental damage.
b. If the equipment is, or has been, used for commercial or non-domestic purposes.
c. Not following the manufacturer’s user instructions.
d. You deliberately damaging or neglecting the product.
e. Electricity, gas or water which is incorrectly supplied or not supplied at all.
f. Defects in external wiring, cable or services.
g. Incorrect or faulty installation.
h. Limescale or the effects of aggressive water.
2.Repair costs for:
a. Unblocking of the pump of washing machines.
b. Damage to non working parts such as cabinet trim and fittings.
c. Damage caused by scratching, chipping, rust or corrosion.
d. Damage caused by foreign objects or substances not normally associated with the product.
e. Adjustment to product controls.
f. Cleaning or descaling your product.
g. Plumbing not forming part of the product.
h. Repairs carried out by persons not authorised by Siemens Customer Service.
3. Call out charges where no fault can be found with the product.
4. Any loss suffered as a result of being unable to use the product or other consequential loss, including loss or damage caused while gaining access to or re-installing the product.
5. We shall not be liable if any part or component is no longer available or is out of manufacture. In such event we shall consider the equipment to be beyond economic repair and we will replace or refund as described above.
6. We shall not be liable in respect of plugs, fuses, dents, cabinets, cosmetic trims, cables, filters and attachments
If you have agreed during registration, your details will be held and used by Siemens to provide customer service information and about extended warranties and for other marketing purposes. We will disclose your information to our associates for these purposes only. We like to keep our customers up to date with the latest products and promotions from Siemens. If you do not wish to receive further mailings, please contact Siemens Customer Service.
NB: The are the standard terms and conditions for the Siemens 5 Year Guarantee. Please check your own particular promotion for any additional or alternative terms and conditions.